Donate
فارسی English
Deeyar TV
  • Home
  • On Air
  • Afghanistan
  • World
  • Economy
  • Culture
  • Sport
  • Op-Ed
  • Spotlight
    • Your Stories of the Fall
    • City Stories
    • Women
    • Human Rights
    • Refugees
No Result
View All Result
Deeyar TV
فارسی English Donate

Reuters: Donald Trump Unhappy With Iran Proposal

April 29, 2026
Reading Time: 5 mins
0 0
Reuters: Donald Trump Unhappy With Iran Proposal

Photo: NYT

A U.S. official told Reuters that the American president is unhappy with Iran’s latest proposal to resolve tensions.

According to the report, the proposal—presented by Iran’s foreign minister to Pakistani officials in Islamabad—calls for phased negotiations, with Iran’s nuclear program to be discussed at the final stage.

Under the proposal, the first step would be ending the U.S. and Israeli war against Iran and providing guarantees that Washington would not launch another war. Negotiators would then discuss the U.S. naval blockade of Iranian ports and the future of the Strait of Hormuz, a waterway Tehran intends to reopen in a controlled manner.

Only after these steps would other issues—including the longstanding dispute over Iran’s nuclear program—be addressed. Iran, however, is seeking recognition of its right to enrich uranium.

A U.S. official told Reuters that this approach would likely be unacceptable to Washington, which insists that nuclear issues must be addressed from the outset—one reason Trump is dissatisfied with the proposal.

Recently, the U.S. president canceled a planned visit to Islamabad by his envoys, Steve Witkoff and Jared Kushner. Since then, Iran’s foreign minister Abbas Araghchi has traveled to Pakistan, Oman, and Russia.

The blockade of Iranian ports continues, and in recent days at least six oil tankers carrying Iranian crude have been forced to turn back.

Before the war, between 125 and 140 ships passed daily through the Strait of Hormuz, but only seven vessels transited yesterday—none carrying oil to global markets.

Trump, facing declining domestic approval, is under internal pressure to end the war, which he has justified to the public with varying arguments.

Araghchi told reporters in Russia yesterday that Trump is seeking negotiations because the United States has failed to achieve its objectives.

Related Posts

Senior Iranian Military Official Says Renewed Conflict With the U.S. Is Possible
World

Senior Iranian Military Official Says Renewed Conflict With the U.S. Is Possible

May 3, 2026
Israeli Army Strikes 40 Targets in Lebanon Within 24 Hours
World

Israeli Army Strikes 40 Targets in Lebanon Within 24 Hours

May 2, 2026
Araghchi Says Direct Cost of U.S. War Against Iran Reached $100 Billion
World

Araghchi Says Direct Cost of U.S. War Against Iran Reached $100 Billion

May 2, 2026
UAE Bans Its Citizens from Traveling to Iran, Lebanon, and Iraq
World

UAE Bans Its Citizens from Traveling to Iran, Lebanon, and Iraq

May 2, 2026

Recent Posts

  • Senior Iranian Military Official Says Renewed Conflict With the U.S. Is Possible
  • Pakistan Calls UK Envoy’s Remarks on Kunar Attack ‘Unwarranted’
  • Resistance Front Claims Killing Two Taliban Members in Baghlan
  • German Media Says Germany Has Expanded Cooperation With Taliban Diplomats in the Country
  • Fawzia Koofi Says Taliban Has ‘Seized’ Her Home
No Result
View All Result
Sign up for the Newsletter
Exchange Rates to Afghani
Fetching rates...
Deeyar Logo

About
|
Privacy Policy
|
Legal Notice

© All rights reserved for Deeyar TV.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In

Add New Playlist

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • On Air
  • Afghanistan
  • World
  • Economy
  • Culture
  • Sport
  • Op-Ed
  • Spotlight
    • Your Stories of the Fall
    • City Stories
    • Women
    • Human Rights
    • Refugees